The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barnsley v Rovers...

+9
SkellowRover
Dagenham Rover
hoolahoop
MR NEGATIVE
NIGHTMARE
RedNinja
NorthRed
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Barnsley v Rovers... - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley v Rovers...

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 26 Apr - 7:45:15

Ya where shite pal until 2nd half
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 26 Apr - 7:47:05

And another thing there where only 1857 fans there so you can say what ya want facts dont lie maybe maybe your fans suffer from double vision and double hearing
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 26 Apr - 7:50:14

sorry got it wrong giving you 3 more then it was
Attendance: 12,418 (1,854 away supporters)

http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10309~2346252,00.html
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 26 Apr - 7:51:56

Almost as shite as your keeper then Wink I must admit its not often we actually have a player in the right place when the opposition keeper drops the ball lol!

I'm not doubting you think we were quiet but its all opinions because I was shocked at how quiet your fans were for a local derby - maybe there's a void which swallows the noise at Oakwell, like the one at the Keepmoat. Your captain seemed to hear the chants that were directed at him, bit worrying as we thought it would encourage him to do better but thankfully it didn't
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 26 Apr - 7:56:15

he was shite today and how come you only sang that once for 15 seconds
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 26 Apr - 7:59:17

VixDRFC wrote:Almost as shite as your keeper then Wink I must admit its not often we actually have a player in the right place when the opposition keeper drops the ball lol!

I'm not doubting you think we were quiet but its all opinions because I was shocked at how quiet your fans were for a local derby - maybe there's a void which swallows the noise at Oakwell, like the one at the Keepmoat. Your captain seemed to hear the chants that were directed at him, bit worrying as we thought it would encourage him to do better but thankfully it didn't

We have 'double vision' and NIGHTY has selective hearing and vision apparently. funny post Vix btw. lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 26 Apr - 8:04:45

have a look on tv pal 1854 for a local derby on a bank holiday monday,
try and add another 1000 on if you wont but they wont there, the back of the stand sang before kick off and in the 2nd half the rest of the time a bit of geeing for corners and such but not much else
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 26 Apr - 8:05:38

I thought the "Jason Shackell is a w****r" lasted more than 15 seconds lol! If you meant the "should have signed for the Rovers" maybe most of us thought he shouldn't have Wink

I must admit he was made to look very ordinary by a 34 year old loanee today Very Happy
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 26 Apr - 8:09:21

never heard any of that just heard whats the score
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 26 Apr - 8:12:02

Shackell heard it, along with the 'greedy b*****d' chants. I must admit "should have signed for the Rovers" died a quick death lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 26 Apr - 8:16:45

never heard any of it to be fair,
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 26 Apr - 8:18:40

NIGHTMARE wrote:never heard any of it to be fair,

Too much beer pre match nightmare..must have nodded off... Sleep Sleep Sleep
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Tue 26 Apr - 8:21:32

Look we all know the atmosphere at Oakwell is shite (apart from me, i even make songs up) but in all honesty we only heard a hand full of songs from you caravan dwellers! I could see you clapping your hands and stuff but most of the time no noise so it probably was a cracking atmosphere in your end today but you was a lot nearer than me to hear it!! Shackell had a mare no excuses! We did'nt really deserve the draw either you were the better team today. But at the end of the day it was a draw so we win on aggregate lol! and your still only famous for your weddings!! Roll on next season when we have a proper team then we'll see whats what!!

All the best tho fella's you'll stay up stop worrying!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 26 Apr - 8:25:17

yorkie64red wrote:

Too much beer pre match nightmare..must have nodded off... Sleep Sleep Sleep

sober as a judge i drove
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 26 Apr - 8:26:56

NIGHTMARE wrote:never heard any of it to be fair,

Ah we have 'selective' hearing as well as 'selective' vision now do we...........you need to get it checked out fella or were you just pissed ? Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 26 Apr - 8:29:26

NorthRed wrote:Look we all know the atmosphere at Oakwell is shite (apart from me, i even make songs up) but in all honesty we only heard a hand full of songs from you caravan dwellers! I could see you clapping your hands and stuff but most of the time no noise so it probably was a cracking atmosphere in your end today but you was a lot nearer than me to hear it!! Shackell had a mare no excuses! We did'nt really deserve the draw either you were the better team today. But at the end of the day it was a draw so we win on aggregate lol! and your still only famous for your weddings!! Roll on next season when we have a proper team then we'll see whats what!!

All the best tho fella's you'll stay up stop worrying!

Cheers and we're thinking the same we just want our present team fit and well with just 2/3 additions.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 26 Apr - 8:30:02

Maybe sounded loud to you lot but hardly heard fuck all
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 26 Apr - 8:31:34

Listen look at this way at least Donny and the Dingles will be the only south yorkshire teams in the 2nd tier. Hopefully anyway barring a total collapse by us and you lot getting stuffed by the Blades
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 26 Apr - 8:31:54

hoolahoop wrote:

Cheers and we're thinking the same we just want our present team fit and well with just 2/3 additions.

Your squads too small not got enough strenfh in depth exactly the same as ours
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 26 Apr - 8:34:28

hoolahoop wrote:

Got to say, its worth staying in the championship if only for the visits to Barnsley, had a cracking day out, few beers in a wetherspoons , cheap fish and chips and a steady walk to the ground...the sun was out and no trouble, wish i'd worn my colours now as plenty did in the town centre...maybe next season might even be this year depending on the fixtures...much better then the visits to bumhole lane... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 26 Apr - 8:35:57

oppisite with us, got the best squad we've had for years Watt, Mc'cormack and Sam could walk into most championship clubs but they've only played about 50 mins this season
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsley-James Tue 26 Apr - 8:51:21

I thought the Donny fans were good in parts and as usual the Barnsley fans were rubbish. But the atmosphere at the Keepmoat is just as bad. Away fans always outsing the home support anyway - having gone to pretty much every Barnsley away game this season there has only been Hull, Leicester and possibly Millwall who really made any sort of 'home' atmosphere.
Donny were the better team today and outsung the home support, like we were the better team at the Keepmoat and outsung your home support earlier this season.
Happy now? cheers

Barnsley-James
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Tue 26 Apr - 8:55:56

Er no am not happy.... i was singing throughout the entire match and you've given me no credit what so ever!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 26 Apr - 8:57:52

Barnsley-James wrote:I thought the Donny fans were good in parts and as usual the Barnsley fans were rubbish. But the atmosphere at the Keepmoat is just as bad. Away fans always outsing the home support anyway - having gone to pretty much every Barnsley away game this season there has only been Hull, Leicester and possibly Millwall who really made any sort of 'home' atmosphere.
Donny were the better team today and outsung the home support, like we were the better team at the Keepmoat and outsung your home support earlier this season.
Happy now? cheers

Be careful you get splinters in painful places from sitting on fences Wink

But joking apart in most stadiums you really only hear the noise thats happening immediate area IF you're making noise at all. All I know is that despite not getting the result we wanted today it was a great day out and I'm proud to be a Rovers fan tonight for what happened on the pitch and in the stands. As Yorkie said, enjoyed a few drinks, a good and cheap dinner and an entertaining match

Can't wait to do it all again Wink lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 26 Apr - 22:36:28

Ok then where was the foul that lead to the dingle equaliser.

pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next