The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barnsley v Rovers...

+9
SkellowRover
Dagenham Rover
hoolahoop
MR NEGATIVE
NIGHTMARE
RedNinja
NorthRed
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
13 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Barnsley v Rovers... Empty Barnsley v Rovers...

Post by yorkie64red Wed 20 Apr - 19:30:42

Can't wait just finally managed to get through to the ticket office and got my tickets, hopefully a good show on friday against palace will spur the lads on against out friends down the road...i would happily take a point which would give us safety..i will go for 1-1...and i will leave a very happy easter bunny... bounce bounce bounce bounce
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Barnsley v Rovers... Empty Re: Barnsley v Rovers...

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 20 Apr - 19:35:53

Yep i am not going to this game but thats too far ahead this game after Friday hopefully i will be looking forward to it
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 20 Apr - 20:17:14

Latest ticket sales...lets hope we shift a few in the last couple of days before they are taken of sale, the palace ticket giveaway has probably delayed people getting theirs..

Kick Off 15:00
Ticket Sales 870
Ticket Information

We have received an allocation of 1666 tickets from Barnsley FC.

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Wed 20 Apr - 22:21:06

Will you be looking forward to coming to Oakwell if you lose Friday?? Personally i think/hope we beat you 3-1 i want us to end ther season well for a change!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Wed 20 Apr - 23:43:45

It's only a matter of time before our luck changes, we've been playing some good football, our luck just hasn't been the best... We continue playing like we are and the wins will come...
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 20 Apr - 23:43:59

NorthRed wrote:Will you be looking forward to coming to Oakwell if you lose Friday?? Personally i think/hope we beat you 3-1 i want us to end ther season well for a change!!

Yes i will, despite all the piss taking we have i really do enjoy my visits to oakwell... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 21 Apr - 9:19:26

Think we'll get beat due to Donkey Rovers extra rest day
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 21 Apr - 9:48:54

The excuses have started and were not even kicked off yet
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 23 Apr - 5:54:24

Can't wait for this game now, still can't see us scoring so keeping a clean sheet is the best i can hope for, am surprised we have not had the police warning like last time telling rovers supporters to keep out of the town centre..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 23 Apr - 5:56:51

Yep and if we was to go down there would be our problem and only thing to blame for it is scoring
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 23 Apr - 20:56:32

C'mon then Nightmare, wheres the best places for a drink, was thinking of heading into the town centre ...not wearing colours for this one...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 25 Apr - 4:15:18

Fecking Brilliant the nerves have just kicked in again for tomorrow's game time for a whisky
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 25 Apr - 4:30:17

pkt_drfc wrote:Fecking Brilliant the nerves have just kicked in again for tomorrow's game time for a whisky

Calm yoursen.... Laughing ...i am confident we will get at least a point... cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Mon 25 Apr - 4:31:34

Plenty of places in town for a drink if your not wearing colours, Avoid Chambers, Blah bar and Groggers and you should be fine.

Barnsley players seem to be on their summer holidays already so i'm no longer to optimistic...... saying that i have to go for my favourite scoreline of Barnsley 3-1 Donny!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 25 Apr - 4:36:30

I wish i was going now nevermind
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 25 Apr - 4:37:35

NorthRed wrote:Plenty of places in town for a drink if your not wearing colours, Avoid Chambers, Blah bar and Groggers and you should be fine.

Barnsley players seem to be on their summer holidays already so i'm no longer to optimistic...... saying that i have to go for my favourite scoreline of Barnsley 3-1 Donny!!

Thanks for that, not wearing colours so am looking forward to popping into the town centre, usually go to the metrodome...hopefully we will get something from the game although we have the same problem..someone actually putting it in the back of the net...hopefully other results will go our way and we can relax and enjoy what is left of a horrible season...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 25 Apr - 4:41:45

pkt_drfc wrote:I wish i was going now nevermind

Looks like it will be sky sports for me biting my nails Sad
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 25 Apr - 4:50:13

pkt_drfc wrote:

Looks like it will be sky sports for me biting my nails Sad

Well the offer still stands, going on 10.37 train.... Wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 25 Apr - 4:52:18

Nope i will be fine Bri cheers i am going to try and go out somewhere but that will not happen i will still be stuck in front of the box
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 25 Apr - 4:54:34

pkt_drfc wrote:Nope i will be fine Bri cheers i am going to try and go out somewhere but that will not happen i will still be stuck in front of the box

Ok...if you change your mind were on the 10.37 train from Thorne South...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 25 Apr - 5:03:24

Team news for Monday's Championship clash between Barnsley and Doncaster at Oakwell.

Barnsley manager Mark Robins could make changes.

Robins' side appeared laboured as they lost 1-0 against Watford on Saturday in what was a typical end-of-season encounter between two teams with little to play for.

A clash with Rovers will provide much of the same for Robins' men and the manager looks set to freshen things up with several players vying for recalls.

Reuben Noble-Lazarus looked lively after coming off the bench against the Hornets and is pushing for a start, as is defender Bobby Hassell.

Defender Luke Potter remains sidelined with a knee problem that has kept him out since November and Alastair Taylor is also out with an unspecified injury.

Doncaster look set to be without Mustapha Dumbuya.

The defender made his first start since the beginning of April in the goalless draw against Crystal Palace on Good Friday, but was withdrawn in the final 15 minutes after suffering a recurrence of his hamstring injury.

Dumbuya is rated as "touch and go" by manager Sean O'Driscoll so Shelton Martis, who came on as Dumbuya's replacement at the Keepmoat, is on standby to start.

Striker Billy Sharp is in a race to be fit before the end of the season following hernia surgery, but centre-half Adam Lockwood is making good progress after a knee operation.

But fellow defender James Chambers (knee) and midfield duo Martin Woods (hip) and Paul Keegan (knee) are all unlikely to feature again this term.

from teamtalk.com
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Mon 25 Apr - 6:08:18

I hope Robins does start RNL!! Bobby Hassle back in at reyt back and Trippier Reyt wing!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 25 Apr - 18:28:19

DRFC Premier League referee to take charge
Premier League referee Mark Halsey will take charge of Doncaster Rovers trip to Barnsley on Easter Monday.

The Lancashire official has taken charge of 29 games so far this season showing 58 yellow cards and 1 red.

It will be the first time he`s taken charge of Barnsley since the 2007/08 season when they were beaten 1-0 at home by Leicester City.

Rovers will be hoping he brings a bit more fortune to them than he did the last time he took charge of them. Halsey was in charge when they lost 6-0 at home to Ipswich in February.

Referee:M.R Halsey (Lancashire)
Assistants: A. Madley & A. McDonough
Fourth official: R. Shoebridge

Read more: http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=239754#ixzz1KW9jSCGa
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 25 Apr - 18:37:53

I can't go today due to shortages of staff at work. Sad
Hope you all have a great day out, should be a great draw though.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 25 Apr - 18:39:35

hoolahoop wrote:I can't go today due to shortages of staff at work. Sad
Hope you all have a great day out, should be a great draw though.

Oh well, i'll bring the point or points back... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next