The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barnsley v Rovers...

+9
SkellowRover
Dagenham Rover
hoolahoop
MR NEGATIVE
NIGHTMARE
RedNinja
NorthRed
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
13 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Barnsley v Rovers... - Page 5 Empty Re: Barnsley v Rovers...

Post by the vicar Wed 27 Apr - 0:00:07

NIGHTMARE wrote:never heard any of it to be fair,
you wonyt if you are not listerning will you my mate is a dingle ahd he wasd there to he sed we was the second loudest to go to dingle land after leeds and but that was just cos they took more than us

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 27 Apr - 0:16:59

2nd half first half ya wo shite
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsley-James Wed 27 Apr - 1:27:52

the vicar wrote:you wonyt if you are not listerning will you my mate is a dingle ahd he wasd there to he sed we was the second loudest to go to dingle land after leeds and but that was just cos they took more than us

Naaah - Palace, Leeds, QPR, Middlesbrough, Norwich and Burnley made more noise than you lot. You made more noise than most away fans this year but wouldn't put you second Wink

Barnsley-James
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 27 Apr - 1:51:10

Barnsley-James wrote:

Naaah - Palace, Leeds, QPR, Middlesbrough, Norwich and Burnley made more noise than you lot. You made more noise than most away fans this year but wouldn't put you second Wink

Oh well won't lose any sleep over it, time to move on and look at the next game...just make sure you don't feck it up against the Blunts... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsley-James Wed 27 Apr - 1:55:53

yorkie64red wrote:

Oh well won't lose any sleep over it, time to move on and look at the next game...just make sure you don't feck it up against the Blunts... Laughing

If we play like we did yesterday it could be a cricket score to the Blunts Embarassed Will be an interesting walk back to the station after the match whatever the result though Smile Who you lot playing next?

Barnsley-James
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 27 Apr - 1:59:08

Barnsley-James wrote:

If we play like we did yesterday it could be a cricket score to the Blunts Embarassed Will be an interesting walk back to the station after the match whatever the result though Smile Who you lot playing next?

Svens boys...would take a draw, they have nothing to play for now...well heres hoping... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 27 Apr - 5:29:47

I want a win (says stamping his feet).............nothing less. We owe them and for ourselves the joy of coming home from a match with 3 points and a warm glow inside.........can't remember what it's like mesen. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 27 Apr - 5:36:43

Barnsley-James wrote:

Cheers now I think we've done with this haven't we, compromise and some magnanimity from James. What is evident is that both sets of fans are crap vocally at home irrespective of numbers and that complaint can be made all over the country.

Roll on next season when it all starts again, personally I've had a bellyful of this one..............neither team has really shone have they ultimately and have much work to do pre-season to correct the poor form of this year.............YES BOTH TEAMS. . Sad Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Wed 27 Apr - 12:12:24

Lets be honest... No team in Yorkshire has really done that good this season apart from Leeds.... Leeds were tipped to finish just above the relegation places, proved em wrong by a mile although they seem to have slipped down the table a bit to 9th at the moment...

Then again we keep proving the bookies wrong with their seasonly predictions for relegation for us... Laughing Funny thing is they had Sheff Utd for something like 9th - 10th lol!
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 27 Apr - 20:33:44

RedNinja wrote:Lets be honest... No team in Yorkshire has really done that good this season apart from Leeds.... Leeds were tipped to finish just above the relegation places, proved em wrong by a mile although they seem to have slipped down the table a bit to 9th at the moment...

Then again we keep proving the bookies wrong with their seasonly predictions for relegation for us... Laughing Funny thing is they had Sheff Utd for something like 9th - 10th lol!

Best joke yet RN eh? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Take your point on how badly the County's teams have played though..........barring the odd game here and there abysmally. Leeds and latterly Hull and Boro' have improved -no lack of investment there though. Both teams i.e ours need to have a major rethink on how to plan the way forward, I for one don't want to sit precariously at the bottom again and have to spend 1/2 a season in pure misery! Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Thu 28 Apr - 0:07:09

Well i can't see Barnsley and Donny doing anything but the same as this season without a big sum of money which i don't reckon either will get.
Still we will all be there next season as optimistic as we always are on the first day of the season and as a Barnsley fan we always have those first few seconds of the season where we wre top of the league by alphabetical order and i for one will be letting people know :lol!

WE ARE TOP O THE LEAGUE!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 28 Apr - 9:53:22

NorthRed wrote:Well i can't see Barnsley and Donny doing anything but the same as this season without a big sum of money which i don't reckon either will get.
Still we will all be there next season as optimistic as we always are on the first day of the season and as a Barnsley fan we always have those first few seconds of the season where we wre top of the league by alphabetical order and i for one will be letting people know :lol!

WE ARE TOP O THE LEAGUE!

lol! lol! lol! The potential relegated teams from the Prem. will be at the bottom then! Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 29 Apr - 19:03:16

By Steve Uttley Rovers Media
Published on Friday 29 April 2011 07:14

WE are still in the relegation mix after the Easter programme after two draws and other results from the pack chasing us.

The Crystal Palace clash was a real grip-your-seat game in front of a good crowd which left most of us breathless. It was not a classic but was another important point as we crawl towards the line to safety. The chairman and board’s decision to give free tickets did help make the atmosphere electric before the kick-off and worked to give the lads a boost when they came out of the tunnel.

With so much at stake both sides showed a few nerves but manager Sean O’Driscoll was happy we did not concede stupid goals like at Hull, although Palace did hit the post to make a few hearts flutter.

So, we still had not got the vital win as we travelled to Barnsley on Monday. Another great day weather-wise and a good 1,500 Rovers fans made the trip to Oakwell.

It was a good performance as Rovers put the Tykes to the sword as they hunted for that vital win and in the second-half two strikes from Jason Euell looked to have given Rovers all the points, and Championship safety, until the guy who had denied Rovers two penalties decided to see something that no one in the crowd, or on the video, saw!

His whistle blew with three minutes to go and Rovers 2-1 up for a free kick just outside the box.

These are the sort of decisions that have haunted Rovers throughout the season, when they could have just done with one going their way.

No disputing that it was a well-taken free kick but it should never have been given.

It’s frustrating to see a game go by with yet another bizarre decision wrecking all the hard work and planning.

So we go into another game tomorrow against Sven’s Leicester side, knowing that just one point will be good enough for safety, but as Sean will know, in football you can take nothing for granted.

He will have been busy planning his tactics and systems ahead of once again an important game.

On top of all this I walked over 20 miles over the weekend including eight miles over Kinder Scout in the Peak District as part of my Inca Trek training. Saturday was so hot but I got through it. After the walks I decided to do what players do to recover and had an ice cold bath and hope it kept my legs in action for the next day

All I can say is I swore quite a bit as I got in, but it worked so that I could climb up Kinder Scout the next day. Paul Mayfield decided to follow suit the next day, but his wife Ruth said he squealed like a stuck pig when he went in!

Please help us raise money for the NSPCC at www.justgiving.com/roversincatrek

from sheffield star...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5