The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rovers v Barnsley..

+6
NIGHTMARE
Dagenham Rover
RedNinja
hoolahoop
NorthRed
yorkie64red
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Rovers v Barnsley.. - Page 3 Empty Re: Rovers v Barnsley..

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 26 Jan - 19:16:07

I wouldn't call it sour grapes we collapsed.
No I don't watch Foster every week and can only go on what I saw last night.
1st half Billy was just outside our box with the ball coming in Mr Foster stamped and kept his foot on top of Sharps to stop him going for the ball hence Billy hobbling about afterwards.
Nothing given by the ref but at that point it was the linesmen that were calling everything (novelty value that)
He went done like a ton of bricks holding his head!!!! when the injury was to his shin and the "cut" on the shin he was proudly showing off while walking back and smiling I reckon my 11 y/o has had worse grazed knees.
Although I must admit it was a pretty hefty challenge by Billy
If a player is genuinely injured fair enough but to go down clutching your head when you've been caught on the shin and stamping and keeping your foot on top of the other players is not "gamemanship" its cheating.
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Wed 26 Jan - 23:08:48

So because he 'cheated' in your words, he deserves to be out injured an your praising your player for a digusting challenge like that??? I suppose Donny players have never ever made a meal of an injury?? And if they have its perfectly ok an fine by you if the cheated player from the opposition goes straight through your player injuring him..??? Or would you be saying get him off he's just clattered our lad...???
I think i know the answer.....
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 26 Jan - 23:19:47

Doncaster assistant manager Richard O'Kelly is refusing to sound the alarm bells despite falling to a 2-0 home defeat to Barnsley.

Two goals from new Tykes signing Danny Haynes leaves Rovers without a league win in their last four games and struggling in 16th place in the npower Championship.

Speaking after the match, O'Kelly said: "Any professional sportsman is going to have ups and downs.

"The good news is we have been here before, a lot of the players have been here before and they have come through it.

"Barnsley came out with all guns firing and at any level of football goals change games.

"Any run of losses can be damaging, there are an awful lot of things you do right but if you start panicking and throwing the baby out with the bathwater then all sorts of things can happen."

Source: PA

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 26 Jan - 23:29:04

Going down clutching your head when its your shin that the injury is to, is trying to get the opposition player sent off therefore cheating, as is deliberatly standing on another players foot to stop him playing the ball.
Basically the ref let the first half incident go (and other incidents ) Billy got booked for exacting revenge. it happens and he shouldn't have done it.

However if you had seen Foster walking past the South Stand grinning and smiling but trying to hide it he knew exactly what he had done and as I said the cut really didn't look too much, my 11 y/o had worse grazes
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsleytilidie Thu 27 Jan - 0:25:35

Dagenham Rover wrote:Going down clutching your head when its your shin that the injury is to, is trying to get the opposition player sent off therefore cheating, as is deliberatly standing on another players foot to stop him playing the ball.
Basically the ref let the first half incident go (and other incidents ) Billy got booked for exacting revenge. it happens and he shouldn't have done it.

However if you had seen Foster walking past the South Stand grinning and smiling but trying to hide it he knew exactly what he had done and as I said the cut really didn't look too much, my 11 y/o had worse grazes

Felt a strange urge to come back here today for some reason! Cool
BTW your 11 y/o must be a right hard little pikey!.......Foster had 7 stitches in that "little graze" that Billy Blunt inflicted on him! Shocked
Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 27 Jan - 1:23:55

Barnsleytilidie wrote:

Felt a strange urge to come back here today for some reason! Cool
BTW your 11 y/o must be a right hard little pikey!.......Foster had 7 stitches in that "little graze" that Billy Blunt inflicted on him! Shocked

Stitch owt up nowadays they will Twisted Evil
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Thu 27 Jan - 2:18:32

Still condoning what Billy the Blunt did is wrong. If it was he other way round an foster went through Billy for 'revenge' you'd be on here screaming why were'nt he sent off what a dirty bastard etc.... But you seem to think injuring players for so called revenge is ok!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 27 Jan - 2:37:38

NorthRed wrote:Still condoning what Billy the Blunt did is wrong. If it was he other way round an foster went through Billy for 'revenge' you'd be on here screaming why were'nt he sent off what a dirty bastard etc.... But you seem to think injuring players for so called revenge is ok!!

He was being a dirty barsteward earlier in the game!
Perhaps revenge is the wrong word in this context, Billy went in a a bit on the hefty side, as happens all the time, and Foster got his commupence for his earlier antics.
What goes around comes around etc
and as I said Mr Fosters grin as he walked round in front of the stand...he knew exactly what had been going off
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Thu 27 Jan - 3:55:28

Billy was just pissed off cos he was marked out of the game all night. End of!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 27 Jan - 7:46:11

Billy The Blunt will be more pissed off because he as ended up at a club who are shite
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 27 Jan - 10:15:22

NIGHTMARE wrote:Billy The Blunt will be more pissed off because he as ended up at a club who are shite

Jesus ...they win one game and there world beaters.... Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 27 Jan - 10:26:03

Time will tell. If the current spell we're on is more than a blip then yep, we're shite, if we string a couple of decent performances together a totally different story

Incidentally, we're 3 places below but 1 point more of than we were after 26 games last season, yes the goal difference is -5 instead of -1 but we've also won more games, and scored more goals so maybe not as bleak as first thought. After all we didn't really write play-offs off until after Blackpool beat us 2-0 at Bloomfield road last season at easter. Not I think we should even think of play-offs, we aren't strong enough
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Thu 27 Jan - 10:26:45

yorkie64red wrote:

Jesus ...they win one game and there world beaters.... Rolling Eyes

Was this ever said? Watch us go and lose to Millwall on friday Laughing Would be typical of us to do so!
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 27 Jan - 10:28:04

VixDRFC wrote:Time will tell. If the current spell we're on is more than a blip then yep, we're shite, if we string a couple of decent performances together a totally different story

Incidentally, we're 3 places below but 1 point more of than we were after 26 games last season, yes the goal difference is -5 instead of -1 but we've also won more games, and scored more goals so maybe not as bleak as first thought. After all we didn't really write play-offs off until after Blackpool beat us 2-0 at Bloomfield road last season at easter. Not I think we should even think of play-offs, we aren't strong enough

Exactly , theres a lot of games to be played and points to be gained...the game isn't finished just yet...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 27 Jan - 10:31:10

RedNinja wrote:

Was this ever said? Watch us go and lose to Millwall on friday Laughing Would be typical of us to do so!

I know....its been a long day at work... Smile fed up of chessies rubbing it in to be honest... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Thu 27 Jan - 21:24:00

To be fair i don't think we're world beaters an i don't think Donny are a bad team. I've seen a few of your matches i think you play some very good football on your day. Every team has a bad patch unfortunately yours dropped at a time when you played us and of course we're gona milk it!! You would!!

We generally have more than 1 bad patch a season but thats the way it goes.
I hope we're gonna have a little run of wins now.
As for play offs i don't think either Barnsley or Donny are strong enough or ready for them.
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 27 Jan - 21:57:55

NorthRed wrote:To be fair i don't think we're world beaters an i don't think Donny are a bad team. I've seen a few of your matches i think you play some very good football on your day. Every team has a bad patch unfortunately yours dropped at a time when you played us and of course we're gona milk it!! You would!!We generally have more than 1 bad patch a season but thats the way it goes.
I hope we're gonna have a little run of wins now.
As for play offs i don't think either Barnsley or Donny are strong enough or ready for them.

We wouldn't dream of it Twisted Evil
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsleytilidie Fri 28 Jan - 3:43:15

Dagenham Rover wrote:

We wouldn't dream of it Twisted Evil

Dreaming about it....... is about as near as you are getting with us lately! Laughing
Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 28 Jan - 4:38:22

Barnsleytilidie wrote:

Dreaming about it....... is about as near as you are getting with us lately! Laughing

Suppose you've got a fair point there Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 29 Jan - 7:30:40

Not going so well tonight though...2-0 down at the moment against Millwall....
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 29 Jan - 8:42:19

NorthRed wrote:It'll be 9 points from 9 after next Tuesday!!

Well maybe not.... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 29 Jan - 8:51:54

And played 2 more games than us now!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Sun 30 Jan - 19:52:01

RedNinja wrote:

*cough*

Rolling Eyes
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Sun 30 Jan - 20:23:16

You see my problem is i'm to optimistic!! I don't go to a match thinking we're going to lose!! I always walk to which ever ground i'm going to thinking we're gonna win today (generally 3-1)!!! Very Happy
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 30 Jan - 21:33:02

NorthRed wrote:You see my problem is i'm to optimistic!! I don't go to a match thinking we're going to lose!! I always walk to which ever ground i'm going to thinking we're gonna win today (generally 3-1)!!! Very Happy

I'm just the same...better to be positive then negative...whats gonna happen will happen, no point been depressed before a game theres plenty of time for that when its over... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next