The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rovers v Barnsley..

+6
NIGHTMARE
Dagenham Rover
RedNinja
hoolahoop
NorthRed
yorkie64red
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Rovers v Barnsley.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Rovers v Barnsley..

Post by NorthRed Mon 24 Jan - 8:28:30

I enjoy making songs up i think our lass is a bit fed up of my fish an chip songs now tho!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 24 Jan - 21:44:59

Yep i feel a win for this 1 looking forward to it not long to wait. RTID
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 24 Jan - 21:50:29

pkt_drfc wrote:Yep i feel a win for this 1 looking forward to it not long to wait. RTID

Wonder how many are going to turn up, the keepmoat site has it as Rovers 7500 and Barnsley 1918 , but thats not been altered since the postponement...lets hope a few more have been sold since then and not too many returned....
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 25 Jan - 21:29:42

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 25 Jan - 21:31:57

Yep i'm ready for this 1 come on ROVERS time to get back to wining ways
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 26 Jan - 0:15:01

The match officials for this evening's home game against Barnsley have been confirmed as follows:
Referee: M. Haywood
Assistant referees: P.T. Kettlewell & G.S. Stretton
Fourth official: J.G. Adcock

from doncaster rovers.co.uk
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 26 Jan - 1:27:04

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 26 Jan - 9:12:56

Well congrats to the dingles DON'T know what is wrong with the team but i am still not worried and to add to it now another 3 injuries Kilgallon, Chambers, And Wilson
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 26 Jan - 9:29:08

pkt_drfc wrote:Well congrats to the dingles DON'T know what is wrong with the team but i am still not worried and to add to it now another 3 injuries Kilgallon, Chambers, And Wilson

As you know i am alway mr positive, but i just don't know what is happening in the second half of games lately, i thought the first half was even stevens but that second half display was shocking, they just seem to fall apart, i am not worried that we will go down, we will scrape enough points to stay up but i think all talk of the playoffs be forgotton. to me i am not sure that it is the defence but the midfield that is the problem, thought Oster had a shocking game and how he was named man of the match was beyond me, but like you say Pete , well done to Barnsley they came and they wanted it more, just glad we have a break becauce on recent evidence we need it and need to get some work done on rectifying the problems that are in the squad at the minuite...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 26 Jan - 9:31:33

ROK just said on radio dee dah looks like Kilgallon and Wilson have got Hamstring injuries and chambers Knee i think ROK said
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 26 Jan - 9:34:08

pkt_drfc wrote:ROK just said on radio dee dah looks like Kilgallon and Wilson have got Hamstring injuries and chambers Knee i think ROK said

Brilliant , thats all we need...good job the loan window is still open, reckon we will be needing it.. Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 26 Jan - 9:36:26

We will be fine every team goes on losing runs. But we will have revenge on the return leg cheers
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 26 Jan - 9:40:03

pkt_drfc wrote:We will be fine every team goes on losing runs. But we will have revenge on the return leg cheers

Lets hope so Pete , hopefully the injuries won't be too bad , neither seemed to be limping when been subbed... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 26 Jan - 9:40:07

I thought we played shite and Sulli is doing my head in...............more to say tomorrow when the angrer has subsided.
Again it's the manner of the way we lost that game that's thre biggest worry! Mad
Well done Dingles (choke).....Shackell was immense.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 26 Jan - 9:43:36

hoolahoop wrote:I thought we played shite and Sulli is doing my head in...............more to say tomorrow when the angrer has subsided.
Again it's the manner of the way we lost that game that's thre biggest worry! Mad
Well done Dingles (choke).....Shackell was immense.

Against that performance in the second half, Cheeta the chimpanzee would have looked immense...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Wed 26 Jan - 10:04:49

Come on Yorkie Shackell was brilliant tonight!! I did'nt think we played well at all first half. We upped the tempo second half and you lot went to pieces. Thought the crowd would have been bigger but at least i was there. Easy to get out at the end as there were'nt many Pikeys left lol! Staright back to my house!!! Very enjoyable evening!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 26 Jan - 10:08:26

NorthRed wrote:Come on Yorkie Shackell was brilliant tonight!! I did'nt think we played well at all first half. We upped the tempo second half and you lot went to pieces. Thought the crowd would have been bigger but at least i was there. Easy to get out at the end as there were'nt many Pikeys left lol! Staright back to my house!!! Very enjoyable evening!

I'll take your word for it, the crowd was poor but maybe thats for the best on tonights performance...oh and i'm glad you enjoyed your evening , wish i could say the same.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 26 Jan - 10:10:15

Very Happy
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 26 Jan - 10:12:51

NIGHTMARE wrote: Very Happy

I suppose you enjoyed your evening as well........ Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 26 Jan - 10:19:06

Fucking Fantastic

Hull away lost 2-0 should have had a point but for a pen and 2 sending offs
swansea at home draw 1-1 would have won but for another pen

We have been playing well and not winning tonight we won lets hope we can do the same at millwall friday
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Wed 26 Jan - 10:24:45

It'll be 9 points from 9 after next Tuesday!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 26 Jan - 10:28:51

NorthRed wrote:It'll be 9 points from 9 after next Tuesday!!

We'll see..... Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 26 Jan - 10:56:54

OK few thoughts from me as I won't be on till tea time tomorrow

Absolute garbage in the second half and the worrying thing is that every game becomes a carbon copy of the previous in how we lose. We must be the easiest team to beat because if I was a manager of the opposition team (obviously that would never be allowed because I'm female Wink ) I'd say " just contain them in the first half and don't let them score more than a couple, then go out and put a little pressure on them and they'll implode" No disrespect to Barnsley they were the better team in the 2nd half and wanted it more but a better team would have really punished us in the way of Cardiff and Wolves.

Shackell looked good but we aided in that, if he was as "immense" as Hoola claimed then Barnsley would have conceded a lot less than they have given he's played most of the season.

I see on other forums we have various conspiracy theories, SOD out. Billy's not happy The voice of reason in me dictates that we are not a bad team, most of them are not bad players and seeing as this drop has happened in 11 days a turnaround could follow in the same way. My take on the conspiracy theory is they are way low on confidence going into 2nd halves and Billy's not happy because he hates to lose. The nagging little pessimistic voice inside however says we haven't played well consistently over 2 halves for most of the season and the way we retreat and invite pressure on in the 2nd half is bizarre, we did it at Portsmouth and got away with it but we're getting well and truly found out now

Finally I like Oster but how the hell did he get MOM I'm beginning to wonder if he flattered to deceive last season and now with a new 2 year deal that impetus has gone. Its all very well to win the ball, do the fancy flicks and tricks in your own half and as soon as you get into a position to be a real threat not take responsibility and waste the chance by pratting around until you can pass it to someone else. The defence has taken a lot of stick this season but I think there are a few people in midfield who need to stand up and be counted

Well at least we have a week off, I'd be shipping the lot of them off to boot camp to sort this out, or some hypnotist to make them think the 2nd half is actually a brand new game Wink

And where was Brooker? Injured? Or on his way...?
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 26 Jan - 10:58:01

Well I hate to say it but I'm glad Billy got his own back on Foster, the geyser made sure he was standing/stamping on Billys foot at one point in in the 1st half and all that crap holding his head when he'd been shinned! sorry ....cheat full stop end of.
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Wed 26 Jan - 17:28:03

Sorry Dagger but thats just sour grapes and to be quite honest a complete prick of a point of view. If you watched Foster every week you'd know he's not a cheat. Glad a footballer has been injured cos he cheated poor Billy!! If poor Billy was so good he'd have shown Foster by scoring.... but he could'nt do that so took the cowards way out . What goes around my friend.........
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next