The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donny v Leeds

+7
Shem_Swfc
Dagenham Rover
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
NorthRed
pkt_drfc
hoolahoop
yorkie64red
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Donny v Leeds Empty Donny v Leeds

Post by yorkie64red Sun 2 Oct - 21:03:06

A couple of weeks away but looking forward to this game, a win here will give the players a huge phycological boost, revenge time for last seasons game at elland road....we will more then likely have new players in the squad...can Deano weave his magic again...i reckon he can....2-0 to the Red and white Hoops... cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Donny v Leeds Empty Re: Donny v Leeds

Post by hoolahoop Mon 3 Oct - 1:05:11

4-1 to the mighty Hoops...............they can have a consolation goal. Billy ready for his first goal now he's back too. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 3 Oct - 2:07:39

There are also rumours about a certain ex Leeds player joining us,,now if that were to happen in time for this match it would certainly make it a feisty affair.. Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 3 Oct - 2:15:01

Who Alan Smith that would be funny almost as funny if we pinch Beattie off the blades. Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 3 Oct - 2:16:10

pkt_drfc wrote:Who Alan Smith that would be funny almost as funny if we pinch Beattie off the blades. Laughing

Thats the one who's name has been mentioned... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 4 Oct - 20:37:53

Latest tickets sales...just updated..

Kick Off 19:45
Ticket Sales 6279 + 3514
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Wed 5 Oct - 2:53:47

I really hope you lot beat Weeds, dunt get me wrong I'm no Pikey fan but i hate Weeds!!

2-1 to the hoops as you would say!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 5 Oct - 3:08:48

NorthRed wrote:I really hope you lot beat Weeds, dunt get me wrong I'm no Pikey fan but i hate Weeds!!

2-1 to the hoops as you would say!

They didn't deserve to win when they came a few weeks ago in the carling cup...this time we will teach em a lesson... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 5 Oct - 6:42:25

yorkie64red wrote:

They didn't deserve to win when they came a few weeks ago in the carling cup...this time we will teach em a lesson... Laughing

Too bloody right but for the woodwork and 2 Nunez 'wonderstrikes' we should have walked it. Time to right that wrong. Basketball
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 6 Oct - 19:57:52

Ticket sales latest...

Ticket Sales 6498 + 3652
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 8 Oct - 6:41:40

Latest sales, updated again today...

Ticket Sales 6743 + 3736
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 8 Oct - 6:42:53

1 week today we will already be 2-0 up cheers
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 8 Oct - 6:45:19

pkt_drfc wrote:1 week today we will already be 2-0 up cheers

I am feeling very confident about this game, they were very lucky a few weeks ago...and we are getting beter and better...well we are winning games anyway.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 8 Oct - 9:27:42

It should be a very even game if they keep that Nunez character off the pitch. I feel confident of a win though, we should have won the last game.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 11 Oct - 3:01:34

Lol pretty funny this go an d borrow money. You have got to be on Facebook to see it

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?v=2190544367749
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 11 Oct - 3:04:58

hoolahoop wrote:It should be a very even game if they keep that Nunez character off the pitch. I feel confident of a win though, we should have won the last game.

Doubt he'll even be on't bench
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 11 Oct - 3:06:45

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:

Doubt he'll even be on't bench

Why is he injured
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 11 Oct - 3:15:52

nah just don't need him

in't really anywhere he can fit in at the moment, played on the wing a bit but was shite dint even look interested
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 11 Oct - 4:43:10

pkt_drfc wrote:Lol pretty funny this go an d borrow money. You have got to be on Facebook to see it

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?v=2190544367749

I like it when Billy says don't be sat on your Sofa...sure he was gonna say arse... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 11 Oct - 5:07:02

Latest ticket sales...selling slowly now, been on Sky will stop some coming so what do you reckon the attendance will be...

Ticket Sales 6857 + 3766

I'm going for 12800
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 11 Oct - 7:41:30

Going for 12783 exactly.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 12 Oct - 2:08:10

JOHN RYAN insists Doncaster Rovers are overdue a bit of derby luck in Friday night’s home clash with Leeds United – after claiming the Whites were fortunate to triumph in August’s Carling Cup encounter.

Simon Grayson’s troops make their second visit to Rovers inside eight weeks for a televised showdown, with precious Championship points on the line this time following his side’s 2-1 second-round success on August 23.

Victory at 20th-placed Rovers, who haven’t beaten United in three previous meetings at the Keepmoat Stadium, would see the visitors jump six places into the play-off positions in fifth, just three points off the second automatic promotion spot.

There’s also plenty riding on Friday’s White Rose clash for the hosts, who can rise up towards the safe confines of mid-table if they triumph and extend their unbeaten run to four matches under new boss Dean Saunders.

Rovers chairman Ryan said: “Leeds are a very good side and I anticipate a very good game.

“As it was in the Carling Cup when I felt we were particularly unlucky where (winger) Kyle Bennett could have had a hat-trick that day.

“Maybe it’s our turn to get a bit of luck and maybe that result might reverse itself!

“Leeds had two shots on goal and (Ramon) Nunez put them both in, though they were great strikes, to be fair.”

He added: “It’s a big Yorkshire derby and there’s lots at stake.

“We started the season really badly, but I think Dean Saunders has got that winning habit.

“Friday is a big game; if we win, we’ll go into mid-table, bearing in mind a few weeks ago we were bottom of the table with one point.

“It’s a case of so far, so good. I’ve been impressed by Dean’s attitude. He’s incredibly positive and a real winner and that’s what football is all about; we’ve won two and drawn one of our league games (under him) and won a couple of friendlies against Sheffield Wednesday and Manchester United reserves. It’s a nice habit to get into.”

A record Keepmoat contingent of 4,200 away fans for a league game – likely to be around a third of the crowd – will ensure United aren’t short of support just as they weren’t in August when around two-fifths of the 8,505 gate were Leeds followers.

And Ryan admits Rovers are still coming to terms with losing a generation of supporters to the Whites during their glory years.

Ryan said: “A lot of Doncaster football fans will be in the Leeds end; that’s the big problem we have. All the young people in Doncaster now support us, but we did lose a generation.

“Obviously, we always remember our big day at Wembley and it was a very sweet feeling beating Leeds (in the 2007-08 League One play-off final).

“There were quite a few Leeds fans in Doncaster that we could give a bit of stick to!”

from yorkshire post
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 12 Oct - 2:46:31

ticket sales latest..

Ticket Sales 7162 + 3766
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down