The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Yorkshire League 10/11

+3
hoolahoop
MR NEGATIVE
RedNinja
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Yorkshire League 10/11 Empty The Yorkshire League 10/11

Post by RedNinja Sun 7 Mar - 8:08:37

http://sites.google.com/site/yorkshireleague/

Yes, I am still keeping it updated if anybodys wondering. Wink

I was just wondering what improvements you all think I could make for the table next season? They obviously can't be made now because we're over halfway through the season, but anything be it removing certain teams who you may think shouldn't be in it. (I got complaints about Chesterfield and Hull being in it earlier in the season)

Or maybe you want me to only let teams compete in the League who have a Derby game to play in their League.. (Example: Hull, have nobody to play in the 'Almighty' Premiership)

Anything? Question

Last edited by RedNinja on Tue 4 Jan - 4:56:30; edited 4 times in total
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

The Yorkshire League 10/11 Empty Re: The Yorkshire League 10/11

Post by MR NEGATIVE Mon 8 Mar - 4:50:00

Well next season you best take donny out as we are not going to have any next season.

If you get what im saying. :king:
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Mon 8 Mar - 7:51:00

Yes, I understand.

Leeds and Huddersfield will be coming up. lol!
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Sun 21 Mar - 4:28:54

Updated the league following the 1-1 draw between Doncaster Rovers and Sheffield United, from now on, I'm going to use this topic as the official topic for the Derby League. Smile

Doncaster on level points with us now.. Level goal difference too.. It has come down to the number of goals scored and that JUST puts us ahead of Doncaster, I guess our game against Donny decides who goes above who.
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 21 Mar - 5:26:09

RedNinja wrote:Updated the league following the 1-1 draw between Doncaster Rovers and Sheffield United, from now on, I'm going to use this topic as the official topic for the Derby League. Smile

Doncaster on level points with us now.. Level goal difference too.. It has come down to the number of goals scored and that JUST puts us ahead of Doncaster, I guess our game against Donny decides who goes above who.

Hmmm all to play for, don't know why our lads didn't/couldn't score 4 and bury them today!!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Sun 21 Mar - 5:56:08

hoolahoop wrote:

Hmmm all to play for, don't know why our lads didn't/couldn't score 4 and bury them today!!

Sounded like it was all Rovers in the first half on radio Sheffield, but then second half Sheff Utd came out as a completely changed team!

Anyhow, that's moved you lot onto level points with us... *gulp*
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 21 Mar - 6:51:12

RedNinja wrote:

Sounded like it was all Rovers in the first half on radio Sheffield, but then second half Sheff Utd came out as a completely changed team!

Anyhow, that's moved you lot onto level points with us... *gulp*

You know what they say RedNinja if you don't put away 3/4 good chances , it will generally bite you up the arse later and...........IT DID!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Thu 25 Mar - 6:15:25

The way things are looking, if Donny beat us at home on saturday, then they will be 2nd! Shocked

.. And even then, Donny have a game against Scunny to play, Which could potentially widen the margin even more if they were to win it, then of course Donnys season will have ended. (And they will then be highlighted in red of course.)

... There's still a chance for Chesterfield to get at least one point!! lol! lol!
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Sun 28 Mar - 7:28:28

Update on the table following todays game between Barnsley and Doncaster Rovers, Doncaster Rovers are now 2nd, four points behind League Leaders Middlesbrough.

Sheff Utd could still finish somewhere high in the table as they are at home to Scunthorpe tomorrow.
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Mon 29 Mar - 0:59:24

Another update, Scunthorpe Utd have beaten Sheff Utd 1-0 which puts them 2nd ahead of Doncaster Rovers, It also puts Sheff Utd on the second worst Goal Difference in the League.

Scunthorpe have one more game left to play against Doncaster Rovers which could potentially decide who finishes 2nd and who finishes 3rd between them.
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by BantamValley Mon 29 Mar - 8:00:47

If Bradford City beat Chesterfield and Barnsley lose to Sheff Utd we will have finished higher than Barnsley. Razz
BantamValley
BantamValley

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 29 Mar - 8:58:29

RedNinja wrote:Another update, Scunthorpe Utd have beaten Sheff Utd 1-0 which puts them 2nd ahead of Doncaster Rovers, It also puts Sheff Utd on the second worst Goal Difference in the League.

Scunthorpe have one more game left to play against Doncaster Rovers which could potentially decide who finishes 2nd and who finishes 3rd between them.

How come the Scunts have played 11 games in a 6 team league ? scratch scratch scratch
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Mon 29 Mar - 9:24:12

hoolahoop wrote:

How come the Scunts have played 11 games in a 6 team league ? scratch scratch scratch

It's because of the FA Cup, they drew us in it... And bet us. Evil or Very Mad

This is another thing I might change next season, whether the FA Cup or League Cup count towards the League, having them count in the first place was basically to maybe give lower league teams or in Hulls case, higher league teams a chance at getting higher in the table, Hull unfortunately, drew nobody local and didn't ever really have a season.
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 1 Apr - 7:32:59

RedNinja wrote:

It's because of the FA Cup, they drew us in it... And bet us. Evil or Very Mad

This is another thing I might change next season, whether the FA Cup or League Cup count towards the League, having them count in the first place was basically to maybe give lower league teams or in Hulls case, higher league teams a chance at getting higher in the table, Hull unfortunately, drew nobody local and didn't ever really have a season.

Nah you can't count Cup matches in this league RN, for records sake yes but it doesn't give all the teams the same opportunities Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Thu 1 Apr - 8:07:36

Sorry, It's too late to change it, It would be very confusing to change it now after the majority of the games have been played this season. Shocked

I guarantee though, next season will be a lot better organised and I'll make sure cup matches don't count next season, I've considered just making it a "Championship Yorkshire League" but then of course supporters of clubs lower down the leagues wouldn't be happy with it.

Next season stuff like revision for exams won't get in my way of recording certain results for this league as I will have left school before the start of next season. Very Happy
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 1 Apr - 8:12:41

RedNinja wrote:Sorry, It's too late to change it, It would be very confusing to change it now after the majority of the games have been played this season. Shocked

I guarantee though, next season will be a lot better organised and I'll make sure cup matches don't count next season, I've considered just making it a "Championship Yorkshire League" but then of course supporters of clubs lower down the leagues wouldn't be happy with it.

Next season stuff like revision for exams won't get in my way of recording certain results for this league as I will have left school before the start of next season. Very Happy

The difficulty is that the CCC teams have more opponentsso it is hard to draw accurate comparisons...........good luck with your revision btw. Study hard this is important for you ok ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Thu 1 Apr - 8:26:52

hoolahoop wrote:

The difficulty is that the CCC teams have more opponentsso it is hard to draw accurate comparisons...........good luck with your revision btw. Study hard this is important for you ok ?

Thanks, This revision has took enough of my life away already, I'll be glad when all my exams are over and I can relax a bit! affraid
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 1 Apr - 8:31:59

RedNinja wrote:

Thanks, This revision has took enough of my life away already, I'll be glad when all my exams are over and I can relax a bit! affraid

Hard work now will pay dividends later in many ways, I wasted that opportunity make sure you don't please. I would hate to think of you ''chaving it'' around some council estate like an extra from ''Shameless'' in a couple of years for the sake of getting your head down now. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Sun 4 Apr - 6:49:00

Another update following the 0-0 draw between Sheffield United and Barnsley, Barnsley are now highlighted in red meaning their derby season has ended and have no more games to play, Barnsley finish on 10 points.

Sheffield United on the other hand have today moved infront of Sheffield Wednesday today thanks to the draw, before the draw today they were losing on goal difference, Sheffield United have one more game to play which is against Sheffield Wednesday this month. (Sunday 18th)
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 4 Apr - 8:33:07

A point a game, it's hardly inspiring is it . Cool
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Mon 5 Apr - 7:03:07

hoolahoop wrote:A point a game, it's hardly inspiring is it . Cool

It puts Sheff Utd above the Wendies but does absolutely nothing for us. Just think, if we'd have won it we would still have had a chance of finishing above your lot. Razz
It would have then depended enirely on your game against Scunny, if you won or drew that you would have finished above us, but if you lost.. We would have just edged above you.. Not to be though. Rolling Eyes
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 5 Apr - 8:03:42

RedNinja wrote:

It puts Sheff Utd above the Wendies but does absolutely nothing for us. Just think, if we'd have won it we would still have had a chance of finishing above your lot. Razz
It would have then depended enirely on your game against Scunny, if you won or drew that you would have finished above us, but if you lost.. We would have just edged above you.. Not to be though. Rolling Eyes

Chance we can finish on 15 points now not exceptional but we should have won every one of those derby games...........it has cost us dearly. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Sat 17 Apr - 10:22:46

An update on the Yorkshire League. ('Yorkshire League' is what it will be called next season, meaning, no Scunthorpe or Chesterfield for next season)

The Sheffield Derby

Sheffield United

If Sheffield United are to win they will go 3rd ahead of Doncaster Rovers, either beating them on goal difference due to the points being the same (12 points) or number of goals scored. (the statistic we go to if the goal diff is the same)

Sheffield Wednesday

If Sheffield Wednesday get all 3 points, they will jump ahead of Sheffield United and Barnsley and place at 4th on 11 points.
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 18 Apr - 4:34:16

RedNinja wrote:

You need to be getting on that bus from Kendray every other Satdi RN, that's the only way your team will be at/near the top. Wink lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Sun 18 Apr - 6:55:33

I can be lazy sometimes though... Wink So I'll get a bus into Barnsley town centre meet up with my mates and go to watch Barnsley win another match like always and.....

.....WHO AM I KIDDING!? lol! lol!

Ah well, we will be better next season under Robins, I hope.
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next