The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

leeds v Rovers..

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

leeds v Rovers.. - Page 2 Empty Re: leeds v Rovers..

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 6 Mar - 6:04:48

Perish the thought Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 6 Mar - 6:08:06

Stupid question how did Gary Woods do
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 6 Mar - 6:10:41

pkt_drfc wrote:Stupid question how did Gary Woods do

Ok, he made some great saves...he earned his corn today... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 6 Mar - 6:11:00

Considering the way our midfield played...........he played well.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 6 Mar - 6:11:19

pkt_drfc wrote:Well i am waiting for Leedslad to start taking the p**s Sad Sad Sad Sad

wunt dream of it are kid
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 6 Mar - 6:16:20

i thought he were decent 31 shots n only letting in 5 in't too bad
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 6 Mar - 6:17:34

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:

wunt dream of it are kid

Are you not at the after game party with the NEUTRAL Officials LL ? Take it you wouldn't have seen the blatant handball for a penalty by one of your players either. Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 6 Mar - 6:18:22

hoolahoop wrote:

Are you not at the after game party with the NEUTRAL Officials LL ? Take it you wouldn't have seen the blatant handball for a penalty by one of your players either. Mad

Or the elbow on Billy... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 6 Mar - 6:25:24

yorkie64red wrote:

Or the elbow on Billy... Smile

Yep they have taken tough challenges right to and sometimes beyond the laws of acceptability, some of those tackles/elbows would land you on an ABH charge if done around town on a night out . Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 6 Mar - 6:34:39

Well that was my first visit to elland road and have to say was a bit dissapointed, it certainly wants some money spending on it to bring it upto date, the view was good though from where we were sat in the corner, the stewards were friendly enough, having said all that though i will be looking forward to visiting again next season hopefully in warmer weather.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 6 Mar - 7:01:29

hoolahoop wrote:

Yep they have taken tough challenges right to and sometimes beyond the laws of acceptability, some of those tackles/elbows would land you on an ABH charge if done around town on a night out . Shocked

as with a few hits on plenty of our players, one on Licaj in particular a few on b.j.

that thomas is lucky becchio dint start laying into him Wink

one thing you can't deny is donny were well beaten gradel looked like scoring everytime he touched the ball your 2 fullbacks will be waking up dripping thinking of the raping they got off snodgrass and gradel
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 6 Mar - 7:10:54

as with a few hits on plenty of our players, one on Licaj in particular a few on b.j.

that thomas is lucky becchio dint start laying into him Wink

one thing you can't deny is donny were well beaten gradel looked like scoring everytime he touched the ball your 2 fullbacks will be waking up dripping thinking of the raping they got off snodgrass and gradel

lets see what happens next season when we have a team to put out, half of those that played today were brought in even though they are injured, if we had been awarded that blatant penalty i think the game would have been different, i think you did deserve to win today but probably not by that scoreline..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 6 Mar - 7:14:01

One thing Gradel will not be there next season i do not think if L**ds do not go up
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 6 Mar - 7:17:14

pkt_drfc wrote:One thing Gradel will not be there next season i do not think if L**ds do not go up

Can't see Leeds going up. there are better teams in the playoff spots, and to be honest they would do better having a couple of seasons in the Championship before even trying to play in the Prem....
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 6 Mar - 7:28:52

Billy looked to be struggling with half hour left to play today, lets hope he can hold on till he gets his 20 goals and then he can have that operation to mend his hernia...gave his all today..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Mar - 3:41:45

What the managers said..

Sean O'Driscoll praised an impressive performance by Leeds United yesterday afternoon, but was disppointed with the goals that Rovers conceed, particularly during the second half, which saw four goals fly into the Rovers net.
He said: "Credit to Leeds, they created some good chances and we defended valiantly at times. We had a little bit of luck, but overall they deserved the win. The manner of the goals in the second half was disappointing. We said at half time that if we carried on the way that we were going, we were going to get beat - so we may as well have a go. We had a go in the second half and went ahead and had the two best chances in the second half."
"It was entertaining for the people who came here. Leeds are a good team at home and they have a front six as good as any in the league. Overall, it was deserved."
"Where we are at the minute, we need to defend as a team. We committed the same mistakes that we did against Swansea. We sat back a little bit and allowed Leeds to get the ball into our half too easily."
For all that, he was pleased with the application of the Rovers players. "We kept going and we never gave up. One or two of the players looked leggy after having a game in midweek and another on a Saturday when Leeds have had the full week; it sounds like an excuse but it does make a difference when it is Saturday/Tuesday all the time and the same players are turning out. We were a bit fortunate, but we were in it until the third goal. It was difficult from then on."
Simon Grayson, the Leeds United manager, claimed that his side should have had the game won by half time, but for the number of chances squandered by his players. He said: "It should have been all over as a contest by half-time after the way we dominated. I thought we were outstanding for 44 minutes, then let them get back in it with an equaliser. That - and, then, their second goal could have deflated us, but I was absolutely delighted with my players' response. They showed an awful lot of spirit, character and determination to come back and get the result we deserved."
"Doncaster are a good footballing side and, in Billy Sharp, have a striker who can hurt you if you give him the chance. So I'm not only delighted with the victory, but also the manner in which we achieved it."
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 7 Mar - 4:58:40

I agree with LL that the 2 wingers i.e. Snodrass and particularly Gradel had superb games, however they were facing a 'leggy' makeshift team in us and that showed.
I enjoyed the match but wonder just how different it would have been with a fully fit and upto strength team with Dumbaya and O'connor in it. I believe the game would have been far closer.

Are Leeds ready for Prem. footy ? Not quite yet they need to stabilise their defense as they won't be facing a weak team like ours every week. They squander opportunities that other promotion contenders would rarely spurn.

As I said an enjoyable game and I have sent the 3 officials 3 'free' eye tests vouchers for Optical Express. Seems we are suffering from excessive ''homer'' syndrome again. Good luck Leeds for the rest of your season.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Thu 10 Mar - 1:08:08

hoolahoop wrote:I agree with LL that the 2 wingers i.e. Snodrass and particularly Gradel had superb games, however they were facing a 'leggy' makeshift team in us and that showed.
I enjoyed the match but wonder just how different it would have been with a fully fit and upto strength team with Dumbaya and O'connor in it. I believe the game would have been far closer.

Are Leeds ready for Prem. footy ? Not quite yet they need to stabilise their defense as they won't be facing a weak team like ours every week. They squander opportunities that other promotion contenders would rarely spurn.

As I said an enjoyable game and I have sent the 3 officials 3 'free' eye tests vouchers for Optical Express. Seems we are suffering from excessive ''homer'' syndrome again. Good luck Leeds for the rest of your season.

you're spot on there, but you can only beat what's infront of you, hope for a proper game next season
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 13 Mar - 7:23:37

you're spot on there, but you can only beat what's infront of you, hope for a proper game next season

More commitment and better concentration and you should at least have a good opportunity to at least get in the P/Offs, however I look forward to playing you again soon.
Games between our 2 clubs are always interesting these days. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2