The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honestly.

+2
thornabyred
football-fan.
6 posters

Go down

Honestly. Empty Honestly.

Post by football-fan. Sat 17 Jul - 2:56:46

I do belive you will go up next season after splashing the cash on a number of quality players,however Notts Forest did the same last year and well it didnt go too well did it.
My point is if you were to mess up and not go up then you could be in a bit of trouble money wise with players wanting to leave and players also demanding higher wages and a unsettled squad.
Just being sensible and i can understand you being very positive about the upcoming season as you have made some really good signings so far but i would not be getting carried away as it could easily go pear shaped.
Good luck though.
football-fan.
football-fan.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Honestly. Empty Re: Honestly.

Post by thornabyred Sat 17 Jul - 5:39:05

WGS has actually reduced the wage bill before taking in the new players. A couple more to move out then a couple more to come in.
Club debt is covered by Gibbos company Bulkhaul plus the profits that the new hotel and golf course will generate go into the club. http://www.rockliffehall.com/
We also hire out the training facilities at Rockliffe to sportsmen and international teams playing in the UK.
Down as a base for teams for the olympics as well.
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

Post by football-fan. Sat 17 Jul - 6:58:22

Yes lots of income but it can leave you in a sticky situation if it goes wrong.
Anway i hope you finish 2nd.
football-fan.
football-fan.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Sun 18 Jul - 20:29:37

football-fan. wrote:Yes lots of income but it can leave you in a sticky situation if it goes wrong.
Anway i hope you finish 2nd.

Thing is - it doesn't matter WHO you are (well , almost!) - if it goes wrong , then it's invariably gonna lead to a "sticky situation".
Gibson (and others) have realised that he couldn't keep throwing away silly money on transfers and wages , cos at the end of the day there's no way Boro can compete financially with the top clubs in the premier-so no point in crippling the club and not having anything (trophy wise) to show for it.
Relegation and the subsequent sale of most of our "stars" (pulls tongue out of cheek) was a bit of a culture shock to say the least , but at least the club seems to be on a sound financial footing now , and i'm quite confident that Gibson aint gonna go over the top with his spending.
I feel a much happier Boro supporter than i have for a fair few years.

ps . cant think WHO you think is gonna finish FIRST!!!
Honestly. 4

Seriously tho - i'd be made up with 2nd.
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 19 Jul - 3:37:39

Hmmm I would settle for SECOND if you like, makes no odds to us. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Wed 21 Jul - 3:18:02

Gibbo has made sure that this season Boro will compete for promotion.

The final year in the premier and last season were embarassing when you consider we were in a european final only 4 years ago!

Club has been restructured financially and most of the big earners have been shipped out making way for the new blood Strachan is bringing in.

In far better shape now than for the last couple of years.
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Wed 15 Dec - 21:58:10

Good grief did I really believe that back in July?

mind you, the bookies had us marked down as favourites for promotion as well.

Just shows how wrong you can be Sad
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 15 Dec - 21:59:55

Captain Cook wrote:Good grief did I really believe that back in July?

mind you, the bookies had us marked down as favourites for promotion as well.

Just shows how wrong you can be Sad

Yep your right there.... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Wed 15 Dec - 23:05:02

Yorkie- Even a stopped clock is right twice a day Very Happy
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down